I strongly value the seeking of truth and answers to create a full life for oneself and others. This never ending process has brought me to a place of combining my social work, counseling, Equine Gestalt Coaching, life and horse experience together to create a place where human and horse can partner and discover the healing powers that exist within each of us.
Pouring my love and energy into my family has filled me up. As I watch my children wander into young adulthood, I am faced with a stir of emotions. The years of being a Mom leave me fulfilled and proud and the inevitable outcome of independent children leaves me open to march passionately towards another of my life’s callings.
Soulful Prairies is my next step. Following my instincts has brought me to this piece of land where many of the things in life that I find important present themselves; slowing down, community, nature, wildlife and of course horses. Sharing my knowledge and talents and bringing others together to share ideas is a key element at Soulful Prairies.
I am a graduate of the Equine Gestalt Coaching Method®.
- Bachelors In Social Work
- Masters in Counseling
- Equine Acupressure course work at Tall Grass Acupressure Institute
- Equine Gestalt Coaching Certification
- Studied under Mehtab in Austin Texas to learn gong techniques and use of sound in a therapeutic session
- 22 years riding experience
- Various Natural Horsemanship training workshops and clinics
- Investigator for the Hooved Animal Humane Society
- Social Worker at Jennings Teen Group Home
- Department of Children and Family Services case worker, foster home licensing representative and investigator of abuse and neglect
- Wheeling Police Department Social Worker Intern
- Omni Youth Services in home counselor